Fact: The French do not sweat. (Unfortunately, I did not inherit this magical power). Today was about 75 degrees and there is no AC. Everytime I walked into a store, I started sweating, yet all the Frenchies around me looked fine AND were wearing sweaters and jackets. Same thing on the metro...I found it to be scorching hot, even only wearing a tanktop, and everyone else had jackets on and didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable. agh!
Anyway, today, I went into Paris to get everything I needed for the rest of my trip.
Got a cell phone, all of my train tickets, etc etc.
Then I paid 50 cents (eurocents...so almost a dollar...to use this restroom in the train station:

At least it was clean (rare) AND had toilet paper (super rare).
Then the art history dork in me saw this and just had to take a picture:

I went to Les Halles (a massive underground shopping center) to get the card reader. The building is hideous:

But this one isn't:

One thing to know about the French: they love their grass. So much so, that they don't allow you to walk on it. Seriously, don't even try, the cops WILL get you!

That's all for tonight folks!

More photos here:
here
No comments:
Post a Comment