After taking a short nap and feeling a bit more revitalized, I had an excellent lunch with my cousin (Marc) his gf (Manuela), and my little cousin Antoine (going by there names will make this much easier!) So on the menu for lunch were merguez (if you come to France, this is a must. It's a spicy kind of sausage that they eat like we eat hotdogs), carrot purée and some excellent smelly cheeses!
The sun was out and it was actually warm (a miracle for Paris at this time of year) so we went on a bike ride in the woods, the Bois de Vincennes. (I know...seems strange that I would be going into the woods in Paris!) It was beautiful and smelled so good! I rented a velib', which I recommend to anyone who visits Paris because it allows you to see so much more of the city (and it's cheap!). On our way back we had "goûter" or snack and I had my first viennoiserie of the trip: a delicious REAL chocolate eclair. mmmmmmmmm
I took plenty of pictures, but alas, was stupid enough to forget the cord to upload pictures (not completely my fault...it's a new camera, but only a step up from my old one so I assumed my old cord woud work...wrong). Hopefully tomorrow I can find a card reader.
We came back home and I fell asleep again. At around 9pm we went to eat dinner (remember folks, this is Europe, we eat late). We went to a creperie which I had been to before with them, right down the street. I had a crepe with cheese, eggs, and potatoes, followed by an "after-eight" dessert crepe which consists of chocolate with mint ice cream. YUM!
Tomorrow: lots of errands, and hopefully a quick trip to the Louvre to get things started!
I am so extremely happy to be here. There is something about this city that just makes me fall in love with it all over again everytime. I don't know how to explain it.
Bonne nuit!
ps: I promise, more pictures and less rambling next time!
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment