Today was quite an eventful day.
In the morning, went to the Egyptian Museum for my appointment with the director. Unfortunately, she got sick and wasn't able to meet with me. This was a bit of a downer since this means I could have stayed longer in Normandy....*sigh*. Oh well.
Still, the assistant there was super nice and took a lot of time to show me around and answer my questions. I was even able to attend a workshop for school kids which was rather interesting. (However, I felt like a total dwarf because these little 11 and 12 year olds were a whole foot taller than me!). Unfortunately, no pictures of the museum because they are not allowed.
After that we went to lunch and it was really nice! She's half French like me!
We went to this superb Thai restaurant and I had some excellent chicken.
After that I went and wandered around the city a bit. I then met up with my mom's host sisters from when she came to Germany when she was in high school. They are both adorably nice and it was lovely to have people who knew the area and the language to show me around! We walked around for quite a bit and then sat down at a nice restaurant where I ate a delicious salad with warm goat cheese...mmmmmmmm!
Once again, blogger isn't able to upload my pictures, so most of them are up on Facebook for your viewing pleasure: here
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment