Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lots of catching up to do!

Alrighty folks...finally I have access to the wonderful World Wide Web. This means a LOT of updating, so here it goes!

First off: right now I am in London and it is quite nice! Jolly good actually :)

I will first tell you about London and then go back in time and recount my adventures in Italy!

I arrived with the Eurostar yesterday afternoon...with my luck, I was of course sitting next to a mother and her 2 month old baby. This one only cried for a little bit and the mom was so nice it was hard to be mad. There were, however, two other extremely annoying babies who screeched the whole time. Seriously, it should be illegal to bring them on trains if you can't shut them up!

I am staying with Patrick's aunt's family and they are extremely nice! The mom gave me lots of tips of where to go, and it has really helped make this less overwhelming. They took me out to dinner last night and it was delicious (but I was so exhausted that I forgot to take a picture of the food, sorry!).
Here is the outside of the apartment:

The last time I came to London (3 years ago, I think?) I really didn't like it that much. I'm not sure why, but it just felt too much like NYC or something. Now that I'm back, however, I am not sure why I didn't like it in the first place, because this time I really like it so far! (Maybe it's because I know where to go and all that).

I first went to the British Museum (of course)...where I spent a loooong time because their collection is huge and amazing. It's so crazy to just be able to walk into the museum with no lines, no security, no pay, nothing. I'm really excited to meet with one of the curators later this week! I also got to go on a free guided tour and the guide was very knowledgeable and funny (and not boring at all!).

Then I wandered to Camden Market, which is quite the happenin' place! You can buy some crazy clothes there...but I was good and didn't buy any! (so proud of myself!).

I walked around A LOT from there...and then wandered around on one of the double-decker buses:

I am now back at the apartment trying to get all of this updated :P

Here are some artsy pictures from Europe for you to enjoy: here

And here are more photos of London: right here

No comments:

Post a Comment