Tuesday, June 9, 2009

these past few days...

Well, it's been a while!

I don't have that much to write about so far...took the weekend to rest up and meet up with old friends. Went to the Australian Bar with Jean-Mark and had a blast, as usual.
Yesterday, went to the Louvre to visit "Les Portes du Ciel", a temporary exhibit about Ancient Egypt afterlife, it was quite fascinating and really well done.I spent a couple of hours there taking it all in and will return tomorrow! Unfortunately, I can't post any pictures of it because I wasn't allowed to take any! (On Tuesdays...it's closed!). Other wise, been working on writing up all my notes for research and reading all the books I've been collecting (I think I'll have to buy a new bookshelf upon my return!)

Today, I took Evan and his girlfriend (who arrived from the States today) around Paris...I must say I'm quite a good tour guide...I might have to do this as a profession! We went to my favorite creperie in Paris, la Creperie Cluny in the Latin Quarter. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

We then walked around there for a while, stopped by Notre Dame, then headed to the Centre Pompidou. I had read on the website that it was open everyday until 11pm.
We get to the door and the guard looks at me and says "don't you know we're closed on Tuesdays? We're a national museum". I thought he was joking (sometimes the French, they do that, he really sounded like he was kidding) so I laughed and said that I read the website and knew they were open...and then he pointed to the sign that said they were closed on Tuesday. wah wah wah. I felt like a total loser.
I just went back to the site and realized I just read it too quickly...it does indeed say closed on Tuesdays...but it is not at all obvious. *sigh*

And now for something completely different:
Orangina smart cars. I want one!!!!

2 comments:

  1. so solly! been reading but totally forgot to re-create my account to show me as a follower. don't worry. enjoying pics et al here and on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic change of pace with the Orangina cars!

    ReplyDelete